Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas trees!

So I have a bunch of nativities that I set out each year, for the reminder of the real reason for the season.  Also I have had this tiny, 3-foot (to the very top) Christmas tree since college...and I kinda love it, it's my familiar Christmas friend. 


His name is Timothy, just in case you wondered.  Timothy the Christmas tree :)

This year, we needed another tree - since Morgan has gotten an ornament every year, and we have them all now, but we couldn't really put them on little Timothy.  Pretty sure he would fall over.  And also I haven't had a real, from-a-living-plant Christmas tree since...well I was young and just remember that vacuuming the needles was not fun.  Also loud - vacuums sound really loud when they have to actually pick up something, right?  Anyway, so we got a real tree for Morgan's ornaments:


Hmm, you can see the ornaments well but it doens't look so Christmasy...


That's better!  Oh and his name is Carl.  Carl the Christmas tree :)  Carl isn't very big either - maybe 4 feet? - since our tiny apartment can't handle a normal-sized tree if we want to be able to, oh you know, walk around and stuff.  We decorated him with hand-strung cranberry and popcorn strands - this was a labor of love, since stringing that stuff makes your fingers sore!  It's a good thing Carl isn't big, after all.

Just wanted to share a fun bit of Christmas in our home :)

2 comments:

SuzQuez said...

I'm glad to meet your trees, Timothy and Carl. My van is Gazelle. Could you show some closeups of Morgan's ornaments? Do they all have a theme? Do you have matching stockings (for Christmas goodies, I mean)? Or we can supply this year. ;)

SuzQuez said...

P.S. Do you feel bigger this week? Love, Madre