Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm back. No really.

So...obviously I have not written for a while.  And obviously I am not still pregnant.  Luckily the body does not do 60-week pregnancies (man that would hurt!).  Here is me a while ago, about 36 weeks pregnant:


 And then the next week, Alexander decided to come early.  Fine with me, since his head is kinda big and I'm a small person and the mechanics of that are slightly complicated.  Birth story post to come, but I needed to start with something else so that I actually blog something rather than avoiding the bigness of everything I want to blog about the past four months.  Don't worry, it will come.  Just be assured that I am smaller than the afore-posted picture, and Alexander is big and fat and healthy :)  Pictures of him will come, too.

In the meantime, I am a cooking expert!  Well not really, but last week I made a chicken pot pie using Morgan's mom's recipe.  AND I made the crust from scratch, also using her recipe (since she is a great cook!).  I was already proud of myself for doing that, but then I took the pie out of the oven - and just look at it!

  
I know!  I somehow made the perfect pie crust!  Morgan may have mentioned that it was the best chicken pot pie he ever had (and this is his favorite food!) and I was even more proud of myself.  The good kind of proud, mind you.  Man, just looking at it is making me hungry.  Luckily Morgan thought to suggest (mid-dinner) that I take a picture of it; otherwise, you wouldn't have the chance to also be salivating right now.  You're welcome :)

2 comments:

SuzQuez said...

I speak the recipe!

Kristen said...

Wow, that looks good. Perfectly browned crust and all. Yum.