Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy (late) Independence Day!

Excuse the lack of blogging, Alexander has been sick with a cold this whole week and then he got me sick :( Good thing I love him!

Independence Day was, as usual, a good chance to think about the ideals this country was founded with and all the many sacrifices that have been made for us. It has taken so much thought and effort to give us the freedoms we have. I appreciate those greatly, though I do not think of it as often as I should. The mandatory American Heritage class at BYU is generally complained about for being hard, but learning about the founding of this country should require a little effort for us, right? It was one of my favorite classes and I should read more books on this topic. Any recommendations?

I wanted to show you how Alexander and I dressed up in patriotic colors/clothing- though Alexander's participation in this was not of his choice, I'm sure he will appreciate it when he gets older :) Sadly, though, I can't get pictures of him to upload from my iPhone, as I am blogging from the road (I feel so technologically connected and cool!) on our way to Cleveland for the weekend. I will work to rectify this situation- check back soon for pictures of cuteness :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

REALLY good one is The Real George Washington. I'll have to try and think of more.

Let us know how Cleveland went!